These self-guided ‘scavenger hunts’ should help students and leaders to explore the Sanctuary. The questions were developed with the MI Grade Level Content Expectations in mind so they should help with classroom learning.
A laminated set of scavenger hunt sheets, clipboards, pencils and answer sheets will be ready for your group if you are pre-registered. Or print your own using the links below.
Early Elementary Can you find? Scavenger Hunt
A Scavenger Hunt sheet has been created to be used with Early Elementary groups that visit the Sanctuary self-guided. The ‘hunt’ has 16 squares with pictures and simple text describing things to find around the Sanctuary’s paved visitor path. The items in the hunt reflect the MI GLCE, specifically those related to Life Science.
For early elementary groups each chaperone/leader/teacher will receive:
- A clipboard, dry-erase marker and laminated “Can you find?” sheet.
- All materials should be returned to the Sanctuary Resource Center/Bookstore upon completion.
- Early Elementary Scavenger Hunt
Middle School Scientific Scavenger Hunt
For middle school groups students will work in pairs. Each pair of students will receive:
- A clipboard, pencil, laminated “Scientific Scavenger Hunt” and Answer Sheet. All materials except the Answer Sheet should be returned to the Sanctuary Resource Center/Bookstore upon completion.
- A copy of the correct answers to the “Scientific Scavenger Hunt” will be given to the teacher/s upon arrival.
- Middle School Scavenger Hunt
- Middle School Scavenger Hunt Answer Sheet
- Middle School Scavenger Hunt Teacher Answer Sheet