The W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary’s mission is to conserve native habitat for migratory and resident birds and through research, education, and outreach help people gain environmental awareness about our past, present and future.
To honor this mission, the Sanctuary creates goals. Here are the projects that have furthered our mission!
- New pedestrian bridge (2011)
- Interpretive trail signage (Summer 2012)
- Lake Loop Trail (Spring 2012)
- Re-establishing the Bluebird Trail (Spring 2013)
- Native Pollinator Garden upgrades (Summer 2015)
- New Waterfowl Identification Signage (Summer 2016)
- Overlook Deck upgrades (Summer 2016)
- Native plantings added to Overlook hill (Summer 2016)
- Sanctuary Entrance Garden (Summer 2017)
Future and on-going projects:
- Creating community partnerships for land management activities
- Continuing internship and citizen science opportunities
- Improve visitor usage of the Sanctuary facilities