Welcome to the W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, a unique wildlife center located in Southwest Michigan offering conservation-focused public programs, interpretive tours, and accessible trails that allow close views of captive and wild birds.
Today, the Sanctuary serves an important role as a primary outreach arm of Michigan State University’s W.K. Kellogg Biological Station.
- Journey a paved, ¾ mile accessible trail to Wintergreen Lake to see hundreds of waterfowl in their natural habitat, including Trumpeter Swans, Canada Geese and a variety of duck species
- Birds of Prey enclosures feature both rare and common raptors, including Bald Eagles, Red-tailed Hawks, Eastern Screech Owls and others
- The Leslie E. Tassel upland game bird display houses threatened and endangered species from Michigan and from around the world
- A Pollinator Garden that uses native plants to attract hummingbirds and butterflies
- Visitors can browse and purchase nature- and bird-related gifts, toys and other locally made and fair trade items at the Sanctuary's Resource Center
- A large picnic area is available for group lunches.
A legacy of conservation; a commitment to sustainability.Kellogg Bird Sanctuary
12685 East C Avenue
Augusta, MI 49012
Phone: (269) 671-2510 email@example.com