The Bird Sanctuary was created by W.K. Kellogg in 1927 as a refuge for the Canada Goose, and other migratory birds, and was an important part of Trumpeter Swan restoration efforts in Michigan in the 1980s. The area remains an important stopover location for migrating birds and waterfowl. The Sanctuary offers 180-acres of diverse wildlife habitats situated around 40-acre Wintergreen Lake.
Today, the Sanctuary continues its commitment to conservation through citizen science projects, internship opportunities, research, and education for families, schools and organized groups.
A legacy of conservation; a commitment to sustainability.Kellogg Bird Sanctuary
12685 East C Avenue
Augusta, MI 49012
Phone: (269) 671-2510 email@example.com