ATTENTION: To prevent the spread of COVID-19 the W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary will be closing the Resource Center, public restrooms and all buildings until further notice starting March 19, 2020. The grounds will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. to hike our trails, offering space to maintain the CDC recommended six foot social distancing. If you are not a member, please use the green honesty admission box (cash only). We will not be selling corn to feed the waterfowl to limit the risk of transmission. To keep our flock safe, please do NOT bring in your own waterfowl feed, bread, etc. Sanctuary staff will be on site every day caring for the birds. Read more about these and other efforts KBS is making to #FlattentheCurve: https://buff.ly/2vk6zas
Come and visit the W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary! The grounds are open during all four seasons!
Explore three miles of trails and experience a variety of habitats surrounding Wintergreen Lake, the heart of the Sanctuary grounds. Visitors will see a variety of birds that call the Sanctuary home, including our resident waterfowl, gamebirds and raptors. The Sanctuary is a great place for birding, nature photography or simply enjoying a walk outside. Pack a picnic lunch and spend the whole day!
The Sanctuary is located in Augusta, Michigan, 15 miles north of Kalamazoo and 12 miles north-west of Battle Creek.
The Sanctuary needs to maintain a safe space for our native wildlife and our visitors. Please show your respect by following a few simple rules and refraining from:
- Bringing pets
- Using bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, etc. inside the property
- Bringing in food to feed the waterfowl and other wildlife. Corn is available for purchase in the Resource Center for $1 per bucket.
- Using tobacco products. Michigan State University is a Tobacco-Free Campus.
- Bringing in firearms. Michigan State University policy state that except as permitted by state law regulating firearms, no person shall possess any firearm or weapon anywhere upon property.
- Using drones. Michigan State University policy does not allow drone use for recreational purposes on property.
- Please remember to pack out your litter.
Thank you for your understanding.
Further information to plan your visit: