Come and visit the W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary! The grounds are open every day of the year!
Explore our 3 miles of trails and experience a variety of habitats surrounding Wintergreen Lake, the heart of the Sanctuary grounds. Visitors will see a variety of birds that call the Sanctuary home. Waterfowl, gamebirds, and raptors are on display year-round. The Sanctuary is a great place for birding, nature photography, and enjoying a walk outside. Pack a picnic and spend the whole day!
The Sanctuary is located in Augusta, Michigan, 15 miles north of Kalamazoo and 12 miles north-west of Battle Creek.
The Sanctuary needs to maintain a safe space for our native wildlife and our visitors. Please show your respect by following a few simple rules and refraining from:
- Bringing pets
- Using bicycles, Rollerblades, skateboards, etc. inside the property
- Bringing in food to feed the waterfowl and other wildlife. Corn is available for purchase in the Resource Center for $1 per bucket.
- Using tobacco products. Michigan State University is a Tobacco-Free Campus.
- Bringing in firearms. Michigan State University policy state that except as permitted by state law regulating firearms, no person shall possess any firearm or weapon anywhere upon property.
- Using drones. Michigan State University policy does not allow drone use for recreational purposes on property.
- Please remember to pack out your litter.
Thank you for your understanding.
Further information to plan your visit: